5.02.2012

pretty wishin' {makeup edition}

You guys, I don't know what it is; the effects of spring awakening, or maybe my impending move to Madison is making me want a makeover. Whatever the case, I've been completely obsessing over makeup. I bought my first high-end makeup product a couple of weeks ago – the Smashbox photo finish foundation primer, and I fell in love with it. Since then I've been practically stalking YouTube beauty gurus assembling my makeup wish list.

While I find the prices of high-end cosmetics a bit ridiculous, I've also found that many high-end brands do not test on animals – something rarely found in drugstore brands. I'm trying to weed-out the cosmetic and household products that I use that test on animals, a surprisingly {and sadly} difficult task. To my knowledge, none of the following products {in their final form} have been tested on animals. Also, high-end cosmetics are probably priced so for a reason: they generally work better.

So without further ado, here's my ultimate {though narrowed down to the essentials} makeup wish list:

Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer – in porcelain
Laura Mercier foundation – in porcelain ivory
Laura Mercier setting powder
Smashbox's Photo Op Under Eye Brightener
Benefit's Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer – in light
M.A.C. Mineralize Skin Finish Natural – in light. Also, a M.A.C. brush set.
M.A.C. powder blush – a pallet
Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer – in hotel heiress
Laura Geller Baked Body Frosting – in sugar glow/honey glow
BareMinerals Faux Tan – in Matte or All-Over Face Color
Urban Decay's Naked pallet – original
Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes! Clinically Proven Mascara
I'd love to try a lash growth serum if anyone knows of any that really work.
NYX Slide On eye pencil – in jet black
I'm also in need of a good eyebrow pencil.
Revlon Colorbust lip butter – in Sugar Frosting and Cotton Candy
Revlon Super Lustrous lipgloss – in Pink Pop. I'm loving a bight pink lip for spring.

P.S. I signed up for my first Birchbox subscription and am SO excited to receive my box next month. Does anyone else subscribe to Birchbox? I'll be sure to tell you what I think of it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I just added myself to your followers for support and wanted to invite you to come enter a fabulous MODCLOTH giveaway I'm having right now!!

    Hope to see you there! Thanks so much!
    Emily

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/05/giveaway-time-again.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily! Thanks! I'm following you blog now too (cute blog!) and entered your giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Hello pretty people! Your comments mean so much to me. I read every single one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...