4.16.2012

this {pretty} weekend

This weekend I became a pirate... at my four year old cousin's birthday party. Dressed in knee-high leather boots, a distressed jean jacket, and kid's pirate hat, one little boy came up to me and said, "Wow! You're a real pirate!" Thanks, kid.

This weekend I re-connected with old friends... finally seeing my best friend after 4 months. After the hugs and the multiple exclaims of "I missed you!", I remembered why it is she is {and always will be} my best friend.

That night, I went out with a different group of friends, some of whom I haven't seen in at least a year. Ahh friends, it was good to see you. On a side note,  have I mentioned that you never quite get used to the sight of seeing your little brother doing shots at the bar? Because you don't.

This weekend I did my favorite thing... reading on book in my parent's backyard on a lovely day, followed by laying in the grass with my cat. We lay under the clothesline, because the smell of grass and freshly-washed sheets drying on the line is what I imagine heaven to smell like. We watch the sheets flap in the breeze and squint at the sun filtering through the newly budding tree branches. And it is perfection.

{images via : my instagram}

3 comments:

  1. I thought that was an actual tattoo and I was SO excited. Once I get my first tat, I plan on getting a pirate ship! (It's gonna be big and billowy!)

    Your weekend sounded so lovely! Just yesterday I was snapping a blog pic and I was lying in the grass and man. That is SUCH a good feeling! Jen and I, in the summer, will pull our lawn chairs out and just sit and love the breeze and warmth, even if we are night owls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie here! I absolutely loved this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog :) MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! You can reach me at prettymuchart(at)gmail(dot)com ;)

      Delete

Hello pretty people! Your comments mean so much to me. I read every single one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...