1.03.2012

a {pretty new} resolution

I have a secret. One that I've never told anyone... until now. Don't worry, I didn't shoot a man in Reno just to watch him die, or anything like that. It's my new year's resolution. I make the same resolution every year and, like a birthday wish, I'm worried that if I tell someone my resolution that it won't come true.

Truthfully though, I feel like the real reason I've never told anyone my yearly new year's resolution is because, I'm a bit embarrassed by it. So here it goes... Every year I resolve to be more outgoing. Every year I say, "This is the year I will come out of my shell." I'll learn how to talk to strangers and acquaintances. Learn to open up. Learn that it's ok to voice an opinion.

The reason I'm embarrassed to admit that, for my entire life I've wished I could be more of an extrovert is that, it seems so easy for some people! It started when I was young. When other people would tell me "You're so quite! You're so shy!" and I would think, "Oh, I guess I am." That's what everyone else has labeled me as, so that must be what I am. So this year, I finally have a different resolution. I'm not going to be what other people label me as, or what I think they want me to be. I'm just going to be me. Quite and all. Or, outspoken when I want to be. I'm what's been holding me back all these years. This year I resolve to remember...

{image via : Pinterest}

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing your resolution with us. there's isn't anything to be embarrassed about. it's ok to be quiet and shy. there's nothing wrong with that. it may be cliche, but just be yourself and learn to love yourself for who you are! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello pretty people! Your comments mean so much to me. I read every single one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...