8.15.2011

pretty {much} moss

This link from Friday's post got me thinking about unconventional art. That said, this idea of moss graffiti has really gown on me. I suppose I have a love/hate relationship with graffiti. On one hand; vandalism.  And when it's not done right it can be much more of an eye-sore than that wall-rock-train left alone. On the other hand; art, making a statement {hello! Banksy!}. And those little punk hoodlums could be off getting into much more trouble than vandalism expressing themselves. So when I discovered moss paint, I thought it seemed like a perfect solution. Sure the moss will eventually grow out and overtake whatever it is you're painting, but it's still natural. And pretty. Here are the {super easy!} instructions so that you all can help make this movement grow.

In your blender, combine:

* One can of cheap beer or 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
* A few handfuls of moss
* One teaspoon of sugar.

Blend until the mixture is smooth, and you’re ready to get painting!

You can use a brush to paint your moss onto concrete walls, rocks, or brick. Mist the moss once a day to help it thrive, and soon your green graffiti will take hold! If you’re looking to take this project to the streets, use caution- we don’t want to be responsible for any vandalism charges! 

{found via : Ponder & Stitch, images via : Pinterest}

1 comment:

  1. I love Banksy, did you see "Exit Through The Gift Shop"? Also google 'guerilla gardening', okay it's not art but it sounds neat and it's bordering on vandalism too I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Hello pretty people! Your comments mean so much to me. I read every single one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...