7.05.2011

pretty much still {but not quite}

NYC Photographer Jamie Beck
NYC Photographer Jamie Beck
NYC Photographer Jamie Beck
NYC Photographer Jamie Beck
Ok, so I may be dating myself here {ugh, am I really old enough to be saying that?!} but remember on Saved by the Bell {a.k.a. the greatest show sitcom EVER! of my youth} when Zack would call "time-out" and everyone would stop moving but him? Well, I could never focus on what that cutie-pie Zack Morris was saying 'cause I'd be busy studying the background, watching and waiting for one of the actors to accidentally move. Anyhoos, that's kind of what these "cinemagraphs" by Jamie Beck and Kevin Burg remind me of.

See, I find myself getting sucked into these animated GIFs waiting for the background to start moving. Of course, I know that's impossible. These are just photographs after all. But Jamie and Kevin's craftiness makes that hard to remember. Personally, I love the New York City cinemagraphs. These stills {or should I say not-so-stills} take the hustle and bustle of the big city and condense it down to a singular moment in time. These "photos" are truly slices of live, or in this case, slices of the Big Apple. Poetry in...well, motion. Sure seeing a sublet shift in what should be a totally still scene, can be a little unnerving. Eerie even. However, I find there's a silence in these stills that is utterly moving.

1 comment:

Hello pretty people! Your comments mean so much to me. I read every single one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...