6.28.2011

pretty {city} prima ballerina

I'm sure I've mentioned before that I wanted to be a ballerina when I was a little girl. What little girl doesn't have that dream? I don't know what it is as children that makes us girls want to be ballerinas {perhaps their outward perfection makes them resemble life-size dolls?}, but as an adult, I find dancers more fascinating than ever. The human body and the way some people can manipulate their own, amazes me.

The Ballerina Project juxtaposes the limber curves and arcs of a ballerina's powerful body with the straight lines and hardened exterior of New York City. And somehow, those tiny girls seem mightier than the city itself. Stronger than the skyscrapers that surround them. Less like life-size dolls... more like Superwomen.

{via : The Ballerina Project}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello pretty people! Your comments mean so much to me. I read every single one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...