2.18.2010

pretty {graphic} art

As I get further away from my experiences as a graphic design major in college and further into "the real world" {going on two years now}, I find myself being more inspired by fine art {i.e. painting, sculpture, photography, illustration...} and less by graphic design. It's unfortunate actually, but I find that living in a small town, not being surround by my graphic design peers, makes good graphic design inspiration harder to come by than it was in college. Which is why I was beyond excited to discover the work of Fabien Barral today. Barral is a French based graphic designer who combines communication design with fine art flawlessly. Barral's designs are works of art in themselves. I love, love, love the use of layers in his work, and his design aesthetic in general. In fact, I haven't been this inspired in a long time.

If you are inspired by graphic design, or any form of design really, please send links my way. Inspiration is always worth sharing! And check out some more inspiration on Barral's Graphic Exchange blog.
{via : Fabien Barral}

3 comments:

  1. I love the first photo, with the birds. This guy uses color very effectively. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi - just stumbled upon your blog - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these graphics are very inspiring! i love the colours used! =)

    http://petitecreation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello pretty people! Your comments mean so much to me. I read every single one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...